Tuesday, September 22, 2009

4PawCreations - The Natural Way to Help Your Pet be Healthy

Once again my life has taken an unexpected turn because of a chance occurrence - well it's probably part of my destiny, but it sure seems like chance at times.

My favorite jewelry customer, Heidi, called me one day in Spring 2009 "Carolyn, your gemstone necklaces have really helped me feel better. Now, what can you do for my sick dogs?" I did a little research into what gemstones might work for her dogs who were all quite old, arthritic and having some serious health issues - a very old mini Doxie (dachshund), an English Spaniel and a Retriever. I made my very first doggy necklaces, and sent them off!

I got an email from Heidi saying her dogs seemed more confident and energetic and the little Doxie with arthritis was able to scratch her earwith her back paw for the first time in years. She was thrilled with the results and suggested that I make collars and put them on my website. I still wasn't convinced this was my new career.

Then I got an emergency collar request…Yes, seriously, it was an emergency dog collar request. Dewy a sweet Schnauzer who belonged to a friend of a friend whose Schnauzer had been attacked by a large German Shepherd. The owner of the Shepherd continues to allow her aggressive dog to run loose and for whatever reason the authorities aren’t acting. Dewy was severely distressed, agitated and had gone from being a calm, sweet dog to a barking maniac.

Here’s the note I got a week after Dewy got his gemstone collar:

“Carolyn, The German Sheppard is still walking past the house, and Dewy is still barking but...his bark is less urgent and agitated! He has also calmed down some about joggers passing the car etc. so I think we're on the right track!! Blessings and many thanks

Kathy and the Dew-man”

David, my husband, and I got to thinking about how we could help more pets heal and balance emotionally and physically…and 4PawCreations was born. I use my intuitive abilities, sensitivity and 20 years studying and working with gemstones to create the gemstone groupings for the collars. David is working on production turning my designs into beautiful and durable creations. He’s also my web master. Having almost no web design experience, he’s doing a great job. Web design is quite different from his normal design work www.nau-designs.com. and his paintings www.nau-art.com.

We’ve having a blast working together on this project and getting to meet pets and their people. We’ve been showing at a couple of local Farmer’s Markets, WagFest, and will be showing at some Art shows and other venues in the future. If you’d like to know where we’ll be, please sign up on our mailing list at http://www.4pawcreations.com.

"Will add pictures later - for some reason nothing is happening when I click on the add images link. So will reboot and try again tomorrow - I have company coming tonight. Enjoy the evening - open a glass of wine.

1 comment:

  1. Nice and so delicate.
    Daniel D. Peaceman, writer and editor of CHMagazine

    ReplyDelete